Miniature GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation System 3DM-GX3
The 3DM-GX3® -45 high-performance, miniature GPS/INS combines MEMS inertial sensors, a highly-sensitive GPS receiver, and a complex Extended Kalman Filter to generate optimal position, velocity, and attitude (PVA) estimates. This combination of technologies creates better short-term GPS-out performance, sustained-G attitude performance, and provides higher rate PVA data than typical GPS and AHRS Sensors. Raw GPS data, IMU data, and filtered INS data are time-aligned and available as custom, user-defined packets (either by polling or continuous stream).
The 3DM-GX3® -45 is a member of the 3DM-GX3® family of inertial sensors. The 3DM-GX3® -45 offers a range of navigation-related output quantities, including: estimated position, velocity, and attitude (PVA); position, velocity, and attitude uncertainties; bias- compensated angular rate, linear acceleration, WGS84 local gravity magnitude and vector, and World Magnetic Model (WMM2010) local magnetic field declination. Fully-calibrated inertial quantities include: total acceleration, angular rate, magnetic field, delta theta and delta velocity. Unprocessed GPS data includes: LLH Position, NED velocity, GPS time, and UTC time. The ease and flexibility of managing these different data quantities at different sampling rates is made possible by the powerful Microstrain Inertial Packet Protocol (MIP).
The 3DM-GX3® -45 has a dual communication interface, which supports USB and RS-232. Starter kits include choice of USB or RS-232 interface cables.
- on-board Extended Kalman Filter for optimal position, velocity, and attitude (PVA) estimation
- smallest, lightest, lowest power GPS/INS available on the market
- fully temperature compensated over -40 °C to 65 °C
- improved performance under vibration, as inertial sensors are sampled at 30 kHz and digitally filtered and scaled into physical units; coning and sculling integrals are computed at 1 kHz
- fully customizable data output: Kalman filter solution @ 100 Hz,raw IMU data @ 100Hz, and GPS data at up to 4Hz with individual data quantity control
- calibrated for sensor misalignment, gyro G-sensitivity, and gyro scale factor non-linearity to third order; gyro in-run bias is estimated and compensated by the Kalman filter.
- versions available from 1.7 g to 50 g and 50°/s to 1200°/s
- external GPS and heading updates can be sent to the device via a MIP command